200 Years in the Making
Armstrong Farms was established in 1816 when James Love emigrated to Pennsylvania from Ireland and settled here. Love’s eldest daughter Sarah married William Armstrong, who inherited the farm and became its eventual namesake.
Even today, our history is woven throughout our farm. Our main farm house was built in 1816 and is now a part of our bed and breakfast. Additionally, each of our three wedding venues includes a barn that was built in the mid-1800s and has been fully restored to preserve its history.
Dedicated to Preservation
Preservation is a part of our culture here at Armstrong Farms and we’re dedicated to preserving the environment for generations to come.
Armstrong Farms has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Century Farm by the Pennsylvania Historical Museum Commission, the Governor of Pennsylvania and the Secretary of Agriculture. We have also chosen to designate portions of our farm under the Pennsylvania Agricultural Easement program so that it can never be developed and will remain preserved as green space for the environment and wildlife.
Armstrong Farms has received numerous environmental stewardship awards including awards from the Pennsylvania Cattlemen’s Association and the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association. Collaboration with Ducks Unlimited and the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy has enhanced the environment through wetland development, planting of tree seedlings and warm grassland establishment. These efforts have provided cover and nesting areas for many bird and animal species. Additionally, we are a demonstration farm for the Natural Resources Conservation District for rotational grazing.